Tuesday, April 15, 2014

M is for Miracles......


Have you ever wondered how every day is a miracle? In fact, every little thing that happens is a miracle. Maybe that is god’s way of telling us he will be there to hold our hands forever!  But we recognise miracles only when it is a matter of life and death.

It was a miracle that saved our car from falling off the cliff when we took a wrong turn on a dark rainy night, ascending the hill. If a couple of state transport buses had not appeared from nowhere, and honked madly, making us stop and back up, we would have had a free fall down the hill and perished.

It was a miracle that saved my second born from a fatal lung infection. it was a miracle that we could bring him home safe and healthy.

It was a miracle that the bus my father had been travelling in from Pune to Shiridi had swerved off the road to land in a valley below, and he did not have a scratch on his body.

Yes, these were definitely miracles, and we remember them because it involved our lives, it was a matter of life and death. But there are also several hundreds of little miracles, that happen every day and we don’t realise they are miracles too!

It was a miracle, when I was all alone, desperate to get to the hospital with a very sick child in hand, and there was absolutely no transport available because a very popular celebrity had just passed away, and just then a friend came out of nowhere and offered to take us to the hospital.

It was a miracle, finding and falling in love and marrying the man of my dreams. 

It was a miracle, when I held my first born in my arms for the very first time. It was a miracle when I thought I saw him smile at me. It was a miracle, when he first rolled over, took his first baby steps, and called me “mamma” for the very first time. It was a miracle being a mother for the very first time!!

It was a miracle, how I always found a solution to my problems. Miraculously, a friend would come by to help, or family would chip in, or even some stranger would appear out of nowhere. If there was no one, I would miraculously have sufficient strength to help myself.

It was a miracle when, my grandma, whom I have been the closest to, passed away, my heart overflowed with grief, and I never thought I’d recover from the tragedy, but I miraculously did.


Miracles happen; you could be down in the dumps or bursting with happiness, in grave danger of your life, or simply taking a walk in the park, when you are expecting them to happen or when you are least expecting them to happen.....but you know what is important? Knowing that miracles happen. You only have to trust.  


13 comments:

  1. Every day is a miracle filled with miraculous moments :) When we wish something to happen and it doesn't, we feel dejected, and disappointed, but then again that is a divine miracle, because it prepares us for many more miracles in life. I love this post, Titli, because while it is so close to your heart in many ways, you've made it close to ours too !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Titli miracles happen in every ones life. We welcome some and dread some. Your post gives an in sight into the miracles that you had to face in the journey of life.The quotation says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miracles happen to show us the beauty of life and prove that there is someone above watching us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. miracles.. i just love dat word <3 it was a miracle that one day wen cuming bck frm a trip, our car crashed bt we all came out safe widout injuries! its at times like this, that we learn to appreciate things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waking up is a miracle that happens to each one of us every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Right now is a miracle for somebody, Somewhere." very nice post as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's absolutely important to be grateful for miracles, big and small. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting on the 15th day of the #atozchallenge. Nice to find a fellow writer who believes in miracles too. If you have time or interest, I am writing about gardens and related topics this month. come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said, S!! Miracles do happen but miracles happen to those who believe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If we look for them miracles can appear as frequently as blessings! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from A/Z; you are so right, there are miracles all around us; God's timing in how he works is absolutely amazing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe in miracles and I know for sure that every day is a miracle. Lovely choice of word for M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! You can live knowing that every moment is a miracle OR find life boring :) NOW you know my secret for humor - I live every moment as though it is a funny miracle :)

    ReplyDelete

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person..deep gratitude for those who have lighted the flame within me!! your comments will be appreciated..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...